Thursday, January 28, 2010

Liking the YMCA

I've been going to the Y for a few months now and liking it a lot. I can now do a half mile on the elliptical in about 15 minutes and a mile and a quarter on the treadmill in about 1/2 hour. I do 3 sets of 10 with 25lbs on most of the circuit machines and feel really good when I go. I try to get my heartrate between 130-140 during the cardio stuff, so I'm still not pushing it really hard. I am really ready to see some results though. My weight on the scale at the Y is 244lbs which I think is completely out of control. That's about 20 more pounds than when I started this blog!!! Obviously, I do need to pay better attention to what I eat and quantity as well. I've switched down to 2% milk - sigh - and been trying to watch my portions more carefully. I really need to curb my late night snacking somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment