Friday, January 2, 2009

So far so good...

Ok, so the blog seems to be working well so far. I did my kickboxing workout two days in a row, which hasn't happened in a long time. I'm also enjoying the way I've got my workout set up now, which probably helps. For a long time I had it set up so I would do a gradually increasing amount of boxing in each song, ending with all out warfare on my punching bag and complete and total red faced exhaustion. Not something I can talk myself into doing very often. Now, I do a five part work out that leaves me tired, but not obliterated at the end.

1. warm up
2. light Boxing (1-2 punch, kick combinations)
3. hand weights & abdominal exercises
4. heavy boxing (3-4 punch, kick combinations)
5. cool down and stretching

I work in a lot of yoga moves and a few pilates. I'd like to take a class to learn more of those...

3 comments:

  1. Nessa! Your plan sounds terrific. I know you will be successful! Love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exhausting :)
    Keep it up V!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, it's not bad really. I'm still able to speak and smile after the heavy boxing set - so, I think I'm doing it right this time.

    ReplyDelete