Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Music is the Key

So, I blame a lot of my recent work out success on my new 5 song mix CD's. They really give me the structure and motivation I need to get a good work out without a skinny girl yelling at me or a disgusting Denise Austin video to growl at.

I recently got an awesome "techno" mix CD from my friend Kristy and I made a new CD with three 5 song mixes on it. I was all excited to use it yesterday and I ran down and started it up on the second set because this "Blue" song I'm addicted to starts it out. Took me a minute to find the song, but I'm always getting the track numbers mixed up so I wasn't surprised. But, then I was going through the workout and I was really surprised by my choice of song for light boxing and weight lifting and then heavy boxing was a remix of "dancing queen" by Abba and I knew I had it messed up somehow. I opened the CD player and realized I had Kristy's original mix CD in there instead of my 5 song mix CD! Whew... I was so relieved I hadn't messed up my mix so badly! Today I worked out to the right CD and what a difference it made. I've really got it down what tempo and type of music is good for which part of my work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment